MyNAS allows remote access to your LaCie network drive from anywhere in the world.
1. To set up MyNAS you will need to log into the dashboard of your LaCie network drive, for example using the LaCie Network Assistant.
2. Once logged in, select Network.
3. Select the Remote Access drop down and choose LaCie MyNAS.
4. Type in a name for your drive on the MyNAS service. If it is already taken an error message will be displayed. If your router has UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) you can check "Automatic port forward" to simplify the router configuration.
5. If the drive cannot access the MyNAS servers an error will be displayed and an option to configure Advanced Settings. If your router does not have UPnP it will also give you a chance to set a port manually. If you do not get the below error you can skip to accessing the network drive via the website.
6. In the Advanced Settings change it to Manual and set it to the port you have forwarded in your router. If you are unfamiliar with forwarding ports on your router the website www.portforward.com.
7. Once configuration is complete and you receive no errors you can access your network drive via a web browser, the iPhone client, or many mobile browsers.
8. From your web browser go to http://mynas.lacie.com. Put in the name you gave your drive during setup and hit Enter.