Due to the various makes and models of Android devices, there are some devices that may have trouble connecting to your LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD. The following troubleshooting steps can be helpful when you are having connection issues.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the LaCie BOSS app installed.
- Close out all background applications on the device. Instructions for this can vary depending on which Android device and version you are using.
- Allow the Rugged BOSS SSD to enter power saving mode by leaving it unplugged and untouched for about 15 seconds.
- Using one of the included cables with the square connector labeled “LaCie”, plug your Android device into your Rugged BOSS SSD.
- Press the button on your Rugged BOSS SSD. After a few seconds, it should turn on and a few moments later, the LaCie BOSS app should launch on your Android device.
- If the app does not come up on your screen after 30 seconds to 1 minute, press the pinhole reset button on your Rugged BOSS SSD with the phone still connected. Once the Rugged BOSS SSD reboots, it should launch the app on the Android device.
Manually Detect a Mobile Device:
If the above troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, sometimes you need to put your LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD into manual detection mode to make a connection with your Android device. Instructions for this can be found in the user manual here.
Sometimes the battery optimization, or power saving settings on a phone can interfere with the connection to your Rugged BOSS SSD. Disabling these features for the LaCie BOSS app can sometimes solve connection issues. These settings can vary for each phone depending on the manufacturer and other factors, but can typically be found in the battery section. Here is how you would find them on Samsung phones using One UI:
- Open Settings using the gear icon on your phone
- Tap on Battery, then on Battery Optimization
- Tap on “Apps not optimized” and select “All”
- Look for the LaCie BOSS App and disable battery optimization by tapping on the slider