Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up remote access?
Remote access using DynDNSPlease see the instructions below if you wish to use a DynDNS account with your LaCie network storage.
I) Create your hostname at dyn.com. Please make certain to note your hostname, username, and password for the next step.
II) Launch the LaCie Dashboard and select the Network page. Choose the Remote Access section to enter:
III) Test your dyn.com remote access. On a network separate from your LaCie network storage:
- Your hostname (For example, lacienas.dyndns.org).
- Your dyn.com username.
- Your dyn.com password.
- Type the new dyn.com hostname in the Internet address window. (For example, lacienas.dyndns.org.)
- The LaCie Dashboard should appear in the browser window. Enter your login and password for the LaCie Dashboard.
- Your LaCie network device is now available anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Please make certain that company or personal firewalls do not block access.
- If you are having trouble connecting remotely, check to see if UPnP is enabled on DSL or cable modem.
- The remote access feature depends upon your network and router configurations.