This list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) applies to products manufactured or distributed by Seagate Technology LLC or its affiliated companies.
>What is Seagate Return Policy?
>What is the Seagate Limited Warranty Statement?
>Does Seagate provide international warranty?
- Products purchased from distributors but returned outside of the distributors’ sales territory, may not be eligible for warranty services.
>What does your warranty not cover?
>I have a Seagate (or Seagate-affiliated) product that came in my system. The product has now failed; how do I get it replaced?
- Please contact the original equipment manufacturer or the place of purchase for further warranty support on the product.
>I have a Network Attached Storage (NAS) product or Big RAID Storage device. Why can I not create an RMA (Return Materials Authorization) on the website?
- Due to the nature of these products, Seagate advises customers to contact Seagate support
or LaCie support
for troubleshooting and warranty assistance.
>How can I get local technical assistance to evaluate and fix my failed product if needed?
- Seagate does not provide a local repair facility. Technical assistance is available. Please visit the Contact Us
page for more information.
>Does Seagate have any diagnostic tools to check my product?
for Windows supports any brand of SATA, PATA, SAS, SCSI, Firewire and USB interface drive. Warranty tests are provided for Seagate, Maxtor, Samsung, and LaCie products. Please Contact Us
if you are using a Network product.
>Can you help me retrieve the data from my failed product?
- Any required data recovery service must be completed BEFORE requesting an RMA (Return Materials Authorization) from Seagate. Seagate Limited Warranty does not cover data loss or costs related to data recovery unless the product was purchased with the Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Service Program included as a product feature.
>Do you sell, repair, or provide product components?
- No, Seagate does not repair products nor sell or provide product components for repair; however, Seagate performs exchanges on products under warranty.
>Where do I find my Product Number and Serial Number?
>How do I check my product warranty status and create a return online (Terms & Conditions apply)?
>If my product has failed, but is out of warranty, am I eligible to receive a replacement product?
- Seagate products (or Seagate-affiliated) are only eligible for replacement during the warranty period. Please refer to the Limited Warranty Statement
for more information.
>Can I get a replacement for my failed product?
>Where can I return my failed product?
- Upon creating an RMA (Return Materials Authorization), you will receive an order acknowledgement with your RMA number. Please return your drive to your selected return location.
>When I process my warranty replacement for my faulty drive, can I pay the difference and upgrade my replacement product?
- Unfortunately our warranty process does not allow for upgrades. The warranty covers a drive for drive replacement.
>What will happen to the data on my product when I return it?
>I received my replacement product, but why did I receive a different brand?
- Seagate may replace your product with a product that was previously used, repaired and tested to meet Seagate specifications. All product replacements will be Seagate, or Seagate-affiliated brands. Please refer to the Limited Warranty Statement
for more details.
>I have received the replacement product but I still have important data on my product which I returned. Can you return my failed product to me?
- Once a product is returned, it will go through the Data Overwriting
process. Please ensure that any data is retrieved from your product prior to returning to Seagate.
>How do I contact support for warranty assistance?
- For additional Seagate assistance and its affiliates (excluding LaCie), please visit the Contact Us
page. For additional LaCie assistance, please visit the LaCie Contact
>Where can I find a list of Seagate and LaCie authorized distributors, nearby stores, and sites to purchase products online?
- Please visit the Where to Buy
(Seagate) and Where to Buy
(LaCie) page to see the list of authorized distributors, nearby stores selling Seagate and LaCie products, and where to buy products online.
>Why am I not allowed to process my return?
- If you reside in a restricted or embargoed country, Seagate will be unable to process your return. Please refer to the Restricted or Embargoed Countries
list and contact your place of purchase for more information on their return process.
>What should I ship and how should I package my product?
>How can I check the return status of my product?
- Please check the Existing Return Status
. You will need your Order Number and Last Name to check the return status.
Rev. July 2016