Unable to assign active directory permissions.
Active directory permissions on some networks must be assigned through the underlying Windows XP system.
- Connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the Ethernet Disk (or, access the drive through Remote Desktop Connection.)
- On the keyboard, press [ctrl] + [alt] + [delete] ( in Remote Desktop, press [ctrl] + [alt] + [end].)
- Click the Task Manager button.
- Click the Users tab.
- Choose File, then New Task from the menu that appears.
- Type "explorer" (without the quotes.)
- Open the D: drive in the Explorer window.
- Right-click the share needing the permissions manually assigned.
- Assign the desired permissions.