This article is for informational purposes only and no longer being updated by Seagate.
Troubleshooting the Fingerprint Sensor
- Make sure the front of the drive is facing you.
- Make sure your finger is positioned properly. It should be flat and resting entirely on the sensor surface so that it touches the metal plate around the sensor itself.
- Try using the other registered finger.
- Try keeping your finger on the sensor for a longer period of time.
- Clean the sensor with a dry tissue or cloth.
- If you have dry skin, try touching your finger to your forehead or the side of your nose and then placing your finger on the sensor.
- If you have moist skin, try rubbing your finger on your slacks or shirt sleeve and then place your finger on the unit.
- Disconnect and then reconnect the drive.