This article is for informational purposes only and no longer being updated by Seagate.
The drive is not recognized by the computer.
- Review the installation steps. The two cables cannot be connected at the same time.
- Disconnect the interface cable, wait 10 seconds and then re-connect.
- Ensure that the interface connectors are properly aligned. The interface cables can only be inserted one way. Make sure that they are correctly oriented.
- Check that the interface connectors are straight and fully seat-ed in the interface ports.
- Only use certified interface cables, such as the cables provided with your LaCie drive. If you have followed all of these steps and the drive is still not recognized, shut down your computer, wait 3 to 5 minutes, restart your computer and try again. In the event that the drive is still not recognized, take the drive to another computer and attempt to connect the drive. If the drive is not recognized on another computer, please contact your LaCie reseller or LaCie Customer Support.