Rugged SAFE showing as 1174.97GB and unformatted
If after attempting to reformat the drive to NTFS you receive an error asking for the drive to be formatted and it shows in Disk Management as 1174.97 GB, please follow these steps to correct the issue:
- Go to Disk Management (Start > Run > type diskmgmt.msc)
- Find the drive in the lower pane and right click over the partition in the middle showing 811.57GB and select "delete partition"
- Disconnect and reconnect the drive and unlock it
- Refresh or reopen Disk Management, it should now show as the correct size and unallocated.
- Right click over the unallocated volume and select "New Partition"
- Complete the wizard with default settings and "quick partition" checked.