This article is for informational purposes only and no longer being updated by Seagate.
Operating system does not recognize LaCie virtual drives.
- Verify HBA BIOS recognizes empty LaCie 2big.
- Before reconfiguring the mode of operation, use the operating system’s Disk Manager to delete partitions on the volume.
- Ensure the HBA driver is current.
- Verify driver active status. For Windows, the Device Manager should show the SCSI icon next to the HBA. For Mac OS X, the Disk Utility should show a SCSI Connection ID for the virtual disks on the physical hard disk drives. Error messages during the driver installation would have indicated issues.
- Resolve resource conflicts (IRQ, DMA, or I/O).
- Verify port multiplier (PM) support in the HBA.