Get instructions on how to enable SSH access.This article is applicable to the following Seagate Business NAS devices:
To enable SSH:
- NAS 2-bay and 4-bay
- NAS Pro 2-bay, 4-bay and 6-bay
- Business Storage 4-bay Rackmount NAS
- Business Storage 8-bay Rackmount NAS
- Log in to the Seagate NAS OS 4 using an admin account.
- Select Device Manager.
- Select Services
- Select the Edit button next to SSH.
- Select Start.
SSH is now enabled. On a Mac you can use the built in terminal to access SSH. On a PC you will need to install a program such as Putty.
Many typical Linux commands are available. Please note Seagate does not support commands or command syntax.