Some basic troubleshooting for when the NAS OS Dashboard is hard to reach because it's barely responding, or not at all.
The Dashboard on your NAS device is one of the most important features and it is vital that it is working appropriately. If you experience a delay, time-outs or it simply can't be accessed at all, then there are a few troubleshooting steps that might resolve the issue:
- First ensure that your computer and the NAS are able to communicate at all. For example: check your mapped disks or shares and if they're not available then you may have a disconnect somewhere.
- Second: reboot the NAS. Since it depends on an OS to function; it may become delayed or timed out internally and simply need a reboot. First try holding the power button on the device for a few seconds to see if it will shut down. Then use the power button again to start it back up. If that doesn't work, try holding the power button for up to 10 seconds. If the device still won't respond, pull the power supply, wait 15 seconds, plug it back in and start it up using the power button.
- Confirm that your browser is supported and fully updated. LaCie Dashboard recommends at least IE7+, Firefox 3+ and Google Chrome.
- The dashboard works via cookies and cache, if you experience any of the issues described above, try clearing those from your browser or try another browser altogether.
- Strain on the NAS's OS and bandwidth can delay the Dashboard. Confirm that no strenuous activity is happening on either the NAS or any computers currently connected to the NAS. If so, give it time to complete before using the dashboard. (For example, a computer might be performing an automated backup to the NAS)
If you need more information, please contact LaCie technical support to investigate further.