LaCie Fuel - The Seagate Media App does not play audio when watching a video
You may find that an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch may not play the sound when you are watching a video using the LaCie Media App.
This issue is related to the state of the mute/volume slider on the iDevice. Even if the slider is set properly, the LaCie Media app may continue to mute the video.
To resolve this, you have three options.
Option 1 - Update to the latest version of the LaCie Media app:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network with Internet access via your mobile device’s settings.
- Launch the App Store.
- Click the Updates button on the bottom of the screen.
- Update the LaCie Media App.
Option 2 - Disable the mute option (iPad only, iPhone and iPad mute switch is already enable):
- Open the iDevice’s Settings (the gear icon on the main screen).
- Select the General option on the left.
- Set Use Side Switch to: Mute.
- Click the home button (the button on the middle bottom of the iDevice) to exit.
- Unmute the iOS device using the side switch.
Once the mute has been turned off using the switch, you can change the iOS device setting back to orientation lock and the issue should not return.
Option 3 – Delete LaCie Media App and reinstall the LaCie Media App:
- Find LaCie Media App on main screen.
- Press and Hold down LaCie Media App (Upon releasing All Apps will shake).
- Left corner will have a circular “X” button; press the “X” button.
- Then Press Delete button on pop up to confirm.
- Find your Apple App Store and open.
- Press Search button and type LaCie Media App
- Download the LaCie Media App (If prompted, type in your Apple ID Password).