Needing help with your LaCie d2 not being recognized when your computer is powered on.
Note: If the unit is powered off by pressing the switch then it will always need to be turned back on by pressing the switch again.
If the LaCie d2 is not powering up there may be several possible causes. Follow these steps to power up the unit:
- Confirm the unit has power by checking that the wall outlet is plugged in to a power outlet and the d2 unit.
- Confirm the unit has data signal. Make sure the USB or Thunderbolt cable is plugged into the computer and the d2.
- Confirm that the computer is powered on and awake.
- Turn on the power to the d2.
a. Press and hold the blue LED button for 5 seconds.
b. Older models have a switch on the back of the d2 unit for controlling on/off power.
If the steps above didn’t work, please try these additional troubleshooting steps:
- Unplug the power from the drive and plug it back in to confirm the cable is seated properly into the d2 unit.
- Plug the power into a different wall outlet. Temporary plug directly into the wall to remove any power strips or adapters as a possible cause of the issue.
- Reseat both ends of the USB or Thunderbolt data cable. Make sure the unit is plugged directly into the computer, bypass any hubs.
- Try a different data cable.
- Check if product is still under warranty.