How to transfer iTunes files to LaCie Fuel in Windows
Keep in mind that if you are moving items purchased via iTunes/App Store the device you steam from will need to be authenticated with the same Apple ID. Please see Apple for further details.
Please follow this procedure to transfer iTunes content to the LaCie Fuel in Windows:
- Connect to your LaCie Fuel drive via Wi-Fi.
(Optionally, you may connect the LaCie Fuel drive to your computer directly via USB.)
- Launch iTunes.
- In the upper left corner, click on the dropdown menu that usually displays Apps or Music by default.
- Click and select the type of file you would like to transfer to your LaCie Fuel i.e. Movies, Music, etc.
- Right-click on the media that you want to transfer and select Show in Windows Explorer.
(Your media will display in a Windows/File Explorer window.)
- Open another Windows/File Explorer window or (My) Computer and select your LaCie Fuel.
(You may need to look at the Network section on the left side column; if you are doing this over Wi-Fi)
- Double-click on the LaCie Fuel drive to open up.
(If unit is plugged over the network it may prompt for login credentials sometimes being default User: admin Password: admin)
- Double-click on Public (if prompted enter credentials again)
- Place your windows side by side if needed so they are both visible.
- Click and drag the file(s) that you wish to copy on to your LaCie Fuel Public folder.
(You can also create a folder inside your Public folder for your files if you choose to organize them)
- Safely eject your product from your computer. (Unplug the Fuel if you are using USB.)
- Enjoy your files/media on your LaCie Fuel.