How to Connect to the Internet While Connected to the LaCie Fuel
To connect to the Internet at the same time as your LaCie Fuel, follow the below instructions. This is called getting the device in "concurrent mode".
To connect in concurrent mode:
- Power on the Lacie Fuel and wait for the LED to illuminate solid blue.
- From your computer or mobile device, in the device's Wi-Fi settings, select the Lacie Fuel. Please note that from a computer, you will not be able to connect wirelessly if you have a wired connection already established.
- Launch the Lacie Media app, or launch a web browser, and type the following into the address bar:
Then press Enter.
- Click the Three Bars at the top left and then the connection icon.
- Select Connect Lacie Fuel to the Internet
- Select the network you want to join. If security is enabled on the selected Wi-Fi network, enter the required password.
- Once you have chosen your network, it will begin to connect you to the Internet and your Lacie Fuel at the same time.
Note: A message may display, stating that you are no longer connected to the Fuel. This is normal. Please allow 45-60 seconds for it to reconnect with the Fuel and the selected Wi-Fi network.
- The Wi-Fi icon changes.
Your device is now connected concurrently.This means that you are able to browse the Internet and view the media stored on the Lacie Fuel simultaneously. To return to your content, re-launch the Lacie Media app or type 172.25.0.1 into the address bar of your browser.