Adding a Fibre Channel Controller: Existing System Powered Up
This procedure should be used for an existing, already configured, system and the system is powered on.
- Ensure the Cache memory size is the same for the existing and the new controller.
- Ensure that the firmware of the new and old controllers are the same. The firmware of the original controller will be loaded to the new controller if it is different.
- In the StorView Embedded software, uncheck the Single Controller button within the advanced options page. An alarm will sound.
- Insert the additional RAID controller.
- Reconfigure mappings using the StorView Embedded software.
- Ensure performance settings within the arrays are now correct.