Adding a Fibre Channel Controller: Existing System Powered Down
This procedure should be used for an existing, already configured, system and the system is powered off.
- Ensure the Cache Memory size is the same for existing and the new controller.
- Ensure that the firmware of the new and old controllers are the same. The firmware of the controller with the oldest firmware will be upgraded to that of the latest firmware on either controller.
- In the StorView Embedded software, uncheck the Single Controller button within the advanced options page. An alarm will sound.
- Insert the additional RAID controller.
- Reconfigure mappings using the StorView Embedded software.
- Ensure performance settings within the arrays are now correct.