LaCie Rugged BOSS SSD lets you easily copy files from an SD card or USB-connected device using just the action button.
Easy copy only supports devices that use common transfer protocols: Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP), and mass storage. Devices using proprietary transfer protocols have not been tested.
- Insert an SD card or connect a device (for example, storage, drone, or camera) to the USB port on Rugged BOSS SSD.
- Press the action button to display Rugged BOSS SSD’s status, and then press the action button again (within 10 seconds) to have Rugged BOSS SSD search the SD and USB ports.
It generally takes Rugged BOSS SSD a second to detect the USB connection. However, if it was in power saving mode, it can take up to 20 seconds to boot and begin the ingest.
- Rugged BOSS SSD prompts you to confirm or cancel the copy. Press the action button—use a short push (1 second) to confirm, or a long push (3 seconds) to cancel.
- Once confirmed, Rugged BOSS SSD copies all files. The LCD displays the status of the copy.
- Operation in progress - please wait
- Long push (3 seconds) to cancel
- Short push (1 second) to confirm
- Once Easy copy is complete, remove the SD card or disconnect the USB device. Rugged BOSS SSD always prompts you to Easy copy any card or device it detects.
Easy copy can perform full or incremental copies based upon the copy settings in LaCie BOSS. By default, incremental copy is enabled. To make changes to copy preferences, go to Settings > SD/USB copies in LaCie BOSS.
Canceling an Easy copy
The X icon on the LCD indicates that you can cancel an operation with the action button on Rugged BOSS SSD.
Press and hold the action button on Rugged BOSS SSD for 3 seconds to cancel a copy.
Queuing ports for Easy copy
If Rugged BOSS SSD scans the ports and detects both an SD card and a USB-connected device at the same time, you can queue both ports for Easy copy.
- Press the action button to confirm or cancel the Easy copy for the highlighted port. Use a short push (1 second) to confirm, or a long push (3 seconds) to cancel.
- Confirm or cancel the Easy copy from the second port.
Ports can be queued when both an SD card and a USB-connected device are detected at the same time. However, if Rugged BOSS SSD is currently performing an Easy copy and then discovers a new card or device, it can’t create a queue.
Easy copy data naming conventions
During an Easy copy, Rugged BOSS SSD creates folders using the following naming convention:
These folders are stored in the Backups folder on the root of the Rugged BOSS SSD.
||Hour (24-hour clock)
||Universally unique identifier designating the device from which the files were copied
Take for example the following directory:
Rugged BOSS SSD would have created this directory on October 1, 2019, at 1:06pm. The source of the content was a device with a UUID of XFGT6G. This was the first upload of content from this device on this day.