- Universal compatibility: supported by leading IT manufacturers
- Cross-platform convenience: works with Mac OS and Windows
- Hot-pluggable connection: connect and disconnect without shutting down your computer
- Daisy chain devices: connect multiple peripherals on one USB bus
- High-speed transfer: data transfer rates up to 480Mbits/s
What is USB 2.0?
The USB 2.0 standard provides higher bandwidth that is necessary for high-speed peripherals such as hard drives, high-speed scanners, CD and DVD drives. USB 2.0 delivers transfer rates of up to 480Mbits/s, while conveniently maintaining backward compatibility with USB 1.1 devices.
USB 2.0 can still be used to connect lower-speed USB 1.1 devices like digital cameras and scanners, modems, keyboards, mice, joysticks and printers. Existing USB peripherals will be able to operate with no change in a USB 2.0 system. Lower-speed devices will not require additional performance and will operate as USB 1.1 devices.
Connect and disconnect USB 2.0 devices without having to restart your computer. When the new peripheral is connected, it automatically mounts on the desktop, ready for use.