Select your product to receive the correct power supply:
LaCie 4big Quadra
4-BAY RAID I USB 2.0 I FireWire 400 & 800 I eSATA
3-Year Limited Warranty
Frequently Asked Questions
Knowledge Base Articles
Browse or search our Knowledge base for in-depth technical support for your product
Knowledge Base Home
Rebuild or change the 4Big RAID array
Important Info: Changing the RAID mode destroys data stored on the LaCie 4big. If you have saved data on the drives, back up data before following these steps.
To change the RAID mode:
- Unmount or safely remove the 4big Quadra volumes from your computer, disconnect the interface cable and switch off the 4big.
- To enter RAID modification mode, push and hold the front button and simultaneously turn on the 4big. Continue holding the front button for 15 seconds.
- Push the + or - buttons on the RAID mode selector until the desired RAID number appears.
Note: 0=RAID 0, 1=RAID 10, 2=Concatenation, 3=RAID 3, 4=RAID 3+Spare, 5=RAID 5, 6=RAID 5+Spare, 7=N/A.
Note: Although the number 7 appears in the RAID selector, no RAID changes will take effect if 7 is selected.
- Validate the mode by pushing and holding the front LED button for 2 seconds.
- Let the drives turn on, and then turn off the 4big, allow it to shut down and turn it back on.
- Partition the disks. Note: You must partition the disk drives after changing the storage policy configuration.
What is the situation you are facing?
Please Log In
So that we may better assist you with your problem, please log into the LaCie Web site. Creating an account and logging in is simple, and helps you get personalized support.