Fix most problems with LightScribe on Macintosh
LightScribe on Macintosh is usually hassle-free. If installed improperly, or a permission problem arises, it can be difficult to locate the actual cause.
The first aspect to check is to ensure the disc is actually LightScribe capable. The disc must be a certified LightScribe printable disc to function properly. Additionally, it must be placed inside the drive LABEL SIDE DOWN.
If that does not solve the problem, try to reinstall the software. Follow the procedure below to do this:
- Trash the current version of the LightScribe labeler program. This is usually located in the Applications folder.
- Navigate to /Library/Receipts. To do this, open MacHD, then Double-click the Library folder. In this folder is another folder labeled Receipts.
- Delete the two entries that are LightScribe related. There are usually two, but it is possible to have many more. Delete all files with LightScribe in the name.
- Empty the trash.
- Install the newest version of the LightScribe host software. CLICK HERE to download that now.
- Install the latest version of the LaCie LightScribe Labeler program. CLICK HERE to download that now.
- Open Disk Utility. Run this by opening MacHD, then Applications, then Utilities. Use this program to "Repair Permissions" on the startup disk.
When LightScribe burning is attempted again, it should work properly.
What is the situation you are facing?