LaCie Ethernet Disk - 10/100
Fast Ethernet - Universal network storage
1-Year Limited Warranty
Frequently Asked Questions
Knowledge Base Articles
Browse or search our Knowledge base for in-depth technical support for your product
Knowledge Base Home
Unable to assign active directory permissions
Active directory permissions on some networks must be assigned through the underlying Windows XP system.
- Connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the Ethernet Disk (or, access the drive through Remote Desktop Connection.)
- On the keyboard, press [ctrl] + [alt] + [delete] ( in Remote Desktop, press [ctrl] + [alt] + [end].)
- Click the Task Manager button.
- Click the Users tab.
- Choose File, then New Task from the menu that appears.
- Type "explorer" (without the quotes.)
- Open the D: drive in the Explorer window.
- Right-click the share needing the permissions manually assigned.
- Assign the desired permissions.
What is the situation you are facing?
Unfortunately, the Troubleshooting system doesn’t have additional advice to offer. Our technical support department is happy to provide further assistance Please click here to contact us now.
Please Log In
So that we may better assist you with your problem, please log into the LaCie Web site. Creating an account and logging in is simple, and helps you get personalized support.