LaCie LightScribe Labeler for Mac
Burn high quality labels from your DVD drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Easy Media Creator error: Unable to locate Certificate File
Easy Media Creator error: Unable to locate Certificate File.
Roxio Easy Media Creator can give the error "Unable to locate Certificate File." Follow the procedure below to resolve the conflict:
- Click on Start, then Run. On Windows Vista, press [Windows button] + [R] on the keyboard to show the Run menu. When the menu appears, type "regedit" (without the quotes.)
- In the In the registry editor, click on the + next to "HKEY_Local_Machine."
- Click the + next to "Software".
- Right click the key (folder) called "Roxio", and choose "Permissions".
- Make sure that "Administrators" and "System" have check-marks for "Full Control - Allow". If anything needs to be changed, click "Apply".
- Click "Advanced".
- Put a check in "Replace permission entries on all child objects with the entries shown here that apply to child objects."
- Click OK, then OK again. Exit the Registry Editor.
- Uninstall Easy Media Creator using the Add/Remove programs application in Control Panel.
- Run the Microsoft windows installer cleanup utility available HERE.
- Reboot and reinstall Easy Media Creator.
The problem should now be solved.
Knowledge Base Home
What is the situation you are facing?
We're sorry, but there are no online troubleshooting guides for this product. However, you can search our Knowledge Base, FAQ or contact Technical Support.
Please Log In
So that we may better assist you with your problem, please log into the LaCie Web site. Creating an account and logging in is simple, and helps you get personalized support.