- - High interface transfer rate: up to 50MB/s
- - Flexibility: use your IEEE 1394 peripheral on both Mac or Windows platforms
- - Ease of use: hot-pluggable FireWire technology
- - Small cables: space-saving thin serial cables
- - Daisy chain: connect up to 63 devices
- - Self-powered: directly powered by the bus
The IEEE 1394 interface is specifically aimed at multimedia peripherals such as digital video camcorders, CD-RW drives, DVD drives and hard drives.
A convenient capability that eliminates the need to switch off or restart the computer when connecting a new peripheral. As soon as the drive is connected, it automatically mounts on the desktop and is ready for use.
Your new FireWire device is automatically recognized and installed by your operating system, which makes set up and use a snap. There is no need for terminators, device IDs or elaborate setup.