Using a LaCie drive with Time Machine
In many cases, setting up Time Machine is as simple as connecting the LaCie hard disk to a computer. As soon as it’s connected, Time Machine will ask to use it as a Time Machine drive. The program will automatically use the drive, afterward.
Time Machine will only ask this the first time a disk is connected, however. To use the disk as a Time Machine drive at any time, follow the procedure below:
- Select Time Machine from the dock, or select "System Preferences..." from the Apple Menu.
- Enable Time Machine by clicking ON.
- Click "Choose Backup Disk..."
- Choose the LaCie hard disk from the list of available drives, then click "Use for Backup."
- Time Machine will automatically begin backing up the computer to the LaCie hard disk. After the first backup, Time Machine will back up files hourly.
What is the situation you are facing?