Rebuild the RAID array on S1S, F800, FW800, and Biggest Quadra
Performing a complete rebuild of the RAID array is a simple process. Follow the procedure below to do this:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Following the procedure below will ERASE ALL DATA on the drive. Prior to following these directions, verify important data is stored securely on a different storage device.
- Flip the power switch to the OFF position.
- Disengage all the drive doors, and remove each drive from the enclosure.
- Change the RAID mode with the switches on the back of the drive (if desired.)
- Power on the drive. The RAID FAIL alarm will sound. Press the button to the right of the display to silence the alarm.
- Rearrange the drives so they are not in the same order. Place each drive in the enclosure one by one.
- Once the 4th drive is ready, the display will prompt to "CREATE NEW RAID". Press the right button to start the rebuild process.
Rebuilding the array will take several hours to complete. When finished, the drive will need to be initialized and formatted before use.
What is the situation you are facing?