5big Storage Server Network Adapter Update
Posted: March 19, 2012
It also increase network adapter stability an reliability.
Typical Symptom is network connection loss, network adaptor not anymore in Control Panel / Network connections.
Following error message (example) can sometime be found in Event Viewer
"Description: The device 'Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection' (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10D3&SUBSYS_6D801462&REV_00\4&33bf19ef&0&00E0) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal."
A 5BIG Reboot (without Firmware Update) solves the issue temporarily, but eventually occurs again after undetermined period (from hours to days)
• This Update can be installed on all Storage Server, even if Customer never faced this issue.
• Connect directly to 5BIG using VGA, keyboard & mouse
• Logon 5BIG Storage as administrator
• Download attached file and unzip it on the Desktop
• Double click on Update.bat located in LaCie_Update folder
• Follow on-screen instructions
• When finished, reboot Server