- All product is shipped F.O.B., LaCie "F.O.B." means that title and risk of loss pass to purchaser upon delivery to the carrier. LaCie is under no obligation to replace products lost or damaged in transit. Any payment by LaCie of freight charges shall be for Purchaser's account, and shall not extend the obligations of LaCie with respect to delivery.
NOTE: Your product was carefully inspected and packaged before shipping. If it arrived damaged, that damage occurred during shipment. You MUST file a claim with the carrier. Call the carrier for information on how to file a damage claim. Do not discard the shipping carton.
- Purchaser may select the carrier and the manner of shipment by providing LaCie with instructions at the time the order is placed. However, if necessary, LaCie reserves the right to select an alternate carrier to avoid substantial delay in product shipment. In the absence of specific instructions, LaCie will ship by the method it deems most appropriate.
- LaCie is not liable for shipping delays caused by governmental order, strikes, lockouts, fires, disasters natural or manmade, weather, and other causes beyond its control.
- Seller agrees that unsold or returned resale product in unsold or "as new" condition will be accepted by Seller for credit or refund at Seller's discretion. Purchaser acknowledges that opened software, products returned for credit which are incomplete in any manner, or which are not returned in what the Seller's sole judgment is "resalable condition," is not returnable for credit or refund.
- If terms and conditions stated on your purchase order differ from those stated on your invoice and you do not notify LaCie in writing of such within fifteen days, it shall signify your acceptance of LaCie's original terms as stated on the invoice.
- Clerical errors are subject to correction. All change orders must be confirmed in writing before they can be accepted. All confirming orders must be clearly marked on the purchase order.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are exclusive of state and local use, sales and similar taxes. Such taxes, when applicable, shall be born by Purchaser.
- The sales price does not include any forwarding agents' fees covering consular invoices and all such fees shall be born by Purchaser. Any necessary documents required by the country of destination are at Purchaser's expense.
- Product specifications subject to change without notice. NOTE: Please keep all packing material and documents in the event that your equipment has to be serviced or returned.
Terms and Conditions for Product Return or Exchange
- Prior to returning ANY product for credit or exchange, you must obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number from a LaCie customer service representative. Please have the following information available when calling for an RGA number: the customer name under which the product was purchased, the sales order number, the serial number, and the reason for return. The sales order number can be found at the top of the packing slip that came with the product. The serial number can be found on the white LaCie bar code sticker on the bottom or back of the product.
- The RGA number MUST be visible on at least two box sides of the return packaging. Products that receive RGAs must be received, shipping pre-paid, with a valid RGA number, on our dock, within 10 days of the RGA number issuance or they WILL BE REFUSED and returned to the sender at the sender's expense.
- All returned products MUST be insured for full value and shipped, pre-paid via a carrier who can provide proof of delivery to LaCie in the event of loss. LaCie will not be responsible for carrier loss or damage, or loss due to damage resulting from improper packaging. NOTE: Returned product that arrives with shipping charges, postage or import duties due, WILL BE REFUSED, and returned to sender at sender's expense.
- Credits will generally be processed within fifteen business days following a receipt of the authorized return based on the following: Credit Cards: The credit card upon which the original purchase has been charged will be credited the eligible charges, less shipping. Net Terms: Customers on terms will receive a credit to their account, less shipping charges. Check: Customers who have paid by check will receive a check, less shipping charges, to the party listed as the "bill to:" party on the invoice.
NOTE: The actual amount of any credit will be determined at the sole discretion of LaCie depending on the condition of the returned product and the adherence to the above terms and conditions. It may take up to one full billing cycle for the credit to appear on your credit card statement. Please contact your credit card company to check the status of your return.