LaCie Ships Portable DVD Burner With LightScribe And New Toast 7 Titanium for Mac OS X
January 4, 2006
- Ultra slim FireWire bus-powered DVD burner for true mobility
- Bundled with powerful new Toast 7 Titanium software for Mac OS X
- Easily etch silkscreen-quality labels onto CD/DVD discs with LightScribe
- Burns to 8.5GB DVD+R double layer and 4.7GB DVD±R/RW single layer media
LaCie is first to ship a fully portable FireWire bus-powered DVD burner with must-have Toast® 7 Titanium CD/DVD burning software, which includes a new set of multimedia-specific features such as converting DivX downloads to DVD in one step, creating HD slideshows, and burning over 50 hours of music onto a single layer DVD with Dolby Digital sound. LaCie Slim DVD±RW Design by FA Porsche also has the ability to etch silkscreen-quality labels onto special discs using LightScribe technology.
“LaCie Slim DVD±RW is the most full-featured and compact CD and DVD burner on the Mac market today,” says Anne Bordet, LaCie Product Manager. “This portable burner with powerful FireWire bus offers the best combination of LightScribe labeling and easy customization capabilities with Toast 7 Titanium. It allows you to burn professional-looking CDs and DVDs whenever and wherever you want.”
LaCie Slim DVD±RW Design by FA Porsche can write to DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-R/RW and double layer 8.5GB DVD+R DL media and comes in an ultra slim casing designed by FA Porsche for true mobility. Combined with the included Deja Vu backup software and the ability to span data over several discs with Toast 7 Titanium, the LaCie Slim DVD±RW Design by FA Porsche provides an easy and affordable backup system.
LaCie LightScribe Labeler software allows users to easily create and burn silkscreen-quality labels directly onto CDs and DVDs without the need for a printer or ink accessories. Using the LaCie Slim DVD±RW Drive Design by FA Porsche and specially coated LightScribe discs, people have the freedom to create personalized, precise, professional-looking labels composed of art, text and photos. Disc art can even be saved and used again for future projects. LightScribe-enabled CDs and DVDs are available direct from LaCie or in most retail and online stores.New Toast® 7 Titanium features include:
- DVD-Video Copy: Compress an entire non-encrypted 8.5GB double layer DVD to a standard 4.7GB single layer disc. Extract just the main movie, audio and language to maximize use of disc space.
- DivX: Create DVDs from DivX files. Compress video into DivX, or benefit from HD-quality playback of video files by compressing into DivX HD. DivX files can then be easily exported to the LaCie silverscreen multimedia hard drive for instant playback via any standard TV.
- Music DVDs: Burn over 50 hours of music on a DVD complete with on-screen, automatic “SmartLists,” Shuffle play, and Hollywood-style Dolby Digital sound.
- Data Spanning: Span files and folders across multiple CDs and DVDs. Safely backup data of any size and restore with a single click using the included restore application.
- iLife Browser: Integrated, fast and easy access to iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, EyeTV shows and DVDs. Import entire DVDs or individual titles or chapters.
- Motion Pictures HD: Turn still images into stunning, multi-image HD slideshows with collages, motion effects, transitions, titles and background soundtracks.
- Desktop Recorder: Instantly capture live audio with the Desktop Recorder Dashboard widget. Record voice memos or analog source.
LaCie Slim DVD±RW Design by FA Porsche with LightScribe is available for pre-order immediately via the LaCie Store (http://www.lacie.com/shop) and widely available via LaCie’s specialized dealer network in February for $219. It ships with Toast® 7 Titanium software for Mac OS 10.3.9 or later as well as Toast® 6 Lite for Mac OS 10.2.3 or later, and LaCie LightScribe Labeler for Mac OS 10.2.3 or later. For more information, visit www.lacie.com/products/range.htm?id=10037.
Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions, develops and markets the best-selling digital media software in the world. Roxio offers award-winning software products for CD/DVD burning, photo editing and video editing and has an installed base of over 150 million users. Roxio distributes its products globally through strategic partnerships with major hardware manufacturers, through leading retailers, through Internet partnerships and through direct sales at www.roxio.com.
Roxio's parent company, Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC; http://www.sonic.com) is the leader in digital media software and provides a broad range of software tools and applications for creative professionals, business and home users, and technology partners. Sonic's products range from professional DVD authoring systems and interactive content delivery technologies that are used to produce the majority of Hollywood movies released on DVD to the award-winning Roxio- and Sonic-branded CD and DVD creation, playback and backup applications that have become the premiere solutions for consumers and business users worldwide. Sonic's AuthorScript®, is the de facto standard for CD and DVD burning and formatting and has been licensed by major software and hardware manufacturers, including Adobe, Broadcom, Microsoft, Scientific-Atlanta, Sony, and many others. Sonic Solutions is headquartered in Marin County, California.