LaCie Ships FireWire DVD Burner With New Toast 7 Titanium Roxio’s Industry Leading CD & DVD Mac Burning Suite
October 18, 2005
LaCie is first to ship a FireWire DVD burner with brand new Toast® 7 Titanium CD/DVD burning software. Toast® 7 Titanium includes a new set of innovative features such as compressing an entire 8.5GB double layer DVD to a standard 4.7GB single layer disc, creating DVDs from DivXTM files, creating HD slideshows and spanning a single set of data over several discs. LaCie d2 DVD±RW Double Layer burners with new Toast® 7 Titanium are available immediately for those with a PowerMac G4 or better running Mac OS 10.3.9 and above.
“LaCie has long been recognized as a leader in premium DVD solutions for the Mac,” says Adam Fingerman, Director of Product Management at Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions. “Our collaboration is a natural fit that combines the easiest, most reliable and full-featured CD and DVD burning software with a state-of-the-art external burner.”
LaCie’s 16x d2 DVD±RW Double Layer burns single layer (4.7GB) DVDs in five minutes and double layer (8.5GB) DVDs in 15 minutes. With Toast® 7 Titanium, LaCie customers can now put 2.5 hours of video or over 50 hours of music on a single layer DVD, or a massive 5 hours of video or 100 hours of music on a double layer DVD. The LaCie d2 DVD±RW Double Layer can burn data to most CD and DVD formats. With an exterior case of aluminum alloy to protect it, this burner can be used with desktop Macs or mobile laptops.
“We’re pleased to work with Roxio and once again to bring the latest and greatest CD/DVD burning software to Mac users,” says Salem Tirane, LaCie Product Manager. “LaCie’s d2 DVD±RW Double Layer offers the best in speed and performance, while Roxio’s new Toast 7 software provides Mac users with long-awaited features that let them create, customize and burn CDs and DVDs with ease. Hands-down this LaCie and Roxio bundle offers the best features for copying, backing up and creating audio and video discs from start-to-finish.”
New Toast® 7 Titanium features include:
- DVD-Video Copy: Compress an entire non-encrypted 8.5GB double layer DVD to a standard 4.7GB single layer disc. Extract just the main movie, audio and language to maximize use of disc space.
- DivX: Create DVDs from DivX files. Compress video into DivX, or benefit from HD-quality playback of video files by compressing into DivX HD. DivX files can then be easily exported to the LaCie silverscreen multimedia hard drive for instant playback via any standard TV.
- Music DVDs: Burn over 50 hours of music on a DVD complete with on-screen, automatic “SmartLists,” Shuffle play, and Hollywood-style Dolby Digital sound.
- Data Spanning: Span files and folders across multiple CDs and DVDs. Safely backup data of any size and restore with a single click using the included restore application.
- iLife Browser: Integrated, fast and easy access to iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, EyeTV shows and DVDs. Import entire DVDs or individual titles or chapters.
- Motion Pictures HD: Turn still images into stunning, multi-image HD slideshows with collages, motion effects, transitions, titles and background soundtracks.
- Desktop Recorder: Instantly capture live audio with the Desktop Recorder Dashboard widget. Record voice memos or analog source.
The LaCie d2 DVD±RW Double Layer FireWire burner with new Roxio® Toast® 7 Titanium is available today at the LaCie Store online (http://www.lacie.com/shop) and will be widely available through LaCie’s specialized dealer network later this month for $189 MSRP. Burners ship with all cables and instructions needed to start burning high-quality CDs and DVDs in minutes. Detailed product information can be found at www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10113.
Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions, develops and markets the best-selling digital media software in the world. Roxio offers award-winning software products for CD/DVD burning, photo editing and video editing and has an installed base of over 150 million users. Roxio distributes its products globally through strategic partnerships with major hardware manufacturers, through leading retailers, through Internet partnerships and through direct sales at www.roxio.com.
Roxio's parent company, Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC; http://www.sonic.com) is the leader in digital media software and provides a broad range of software tools and applications for creative professionals, business and home users, and technology partners. Sonic's products range from professional DVD authoring systems and interactive content delivery technologies that are used to produce the majority of Hollywood movies released on DVD to the award-winning Roxio- and Sonic-branded CD and DVD creation, playback and backup applications that have become the premiere solutions for consumers and business users worldwide. Sonic's AuthorScript®, is the de facto standard for CD and DVD burning and formatting and has been licensed by major software and hardware manufacturers, including Adobe, Broadcom, Microsoft, Scientific-Atlanta, Sony, and many others. Sonic Solutions is headquartered in Marin County, California.
LaCie creates external storage solutions and color monitors that help professionals and everyday users easily manage their digital lives. Powerful technology combined with unique designs by the internationally acclaimed Philippe Starck, Neil Poulton and Porsche Design GmbH make LaCie the world leader in storage innovation. Established in France in 1989, LaCie is now headquartered in North America, Europe and Asia and listed on the Paris Nouveau Marché (code 5431). For more information, visit www.lacie.com.
|Press Inquiries:||Melissa Logan, 503-844-4578, email@example.com|
|Sales Inquiries:||Direct Sales, 503-844-4502, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reseller Sales, 503-844-4500, email@example.com