Change source/target relationship on Dupli drives
Change source/target relationship on Dupli drives.
The LaCie Dupli drive contains DVD RW drives assigned the role of either "source" or "target." The source drive is where data will be copied from., and is usually the top-most drive in the enclosure. All other drives in the enclosure are considered "Target" drives (or where the data will be copied to.)
If those roles need to be reversed (for troubleshooting, or any other purpose) follow the procedure below:
- Press either the up or down button near the small display on the Dupli. This will show the different configuration options available.
- Option 8 is the menu that allows changes to the source/target relationship of the drives. Press the up or down arrows until "8: Select Source" is displayed, then press the ent button.
- The display will show something like:
SRC : DVD - RW
00 IDE 1 Master
- The 00 in the second line indicates the source is drive 00, which is the top-most drive in the enclosure. Press the down arrow to change the master to a different number.
- Press the ent button to save the changes.
The source disk is now a different drive. Place the media to be copied in the new source, and the blank media into the other drive(s).